With our downtown location and proximity to some of the city’s most vibrant neighborhoods, The Brewhouse Inn & Suites is a starting point for all things Milwaukee, no matter what the season. Whether you’re looking for the best dining spots, things to do along the lakefront, visit a museum or entertainment venue, get drinks at a local brewery, downtown shopping, explore free art, or even take a boat tour, you won’t run out of things to do during your Milwaukee vacation.
Things To Do
Wondering where to eat in Milwaukee? From Wisconsin favorites like fish fry and cheese curds to authentic Indian, Italian, and so much more, we've created these lists of some of Milwaukee's best dining and drinking establishments.
- 1203 N 10th Street (0.0 Miles)
- Delicious Wisconsin-inspired pub food, and a large selection of local brews and ice-cold cocktails located in The Brewhouse Inn & Suites.
Best Place Coffee & Spirits
- 901 W Juneau Avenue (407 feet)
- Serves coffee from Anodyne Coffee, specialty drinks, as well as a wide selection of beers, wines, spirits & pastries.
Boiler House Cafe
- 1259 N 10th Street (0.1 miles)
- Boiler House Cafe offers a great selection of hot and cold flavorful drinks, as well as quick, simple food options.
Pilot Project Brewing
- 1128 N 9th Street (0.1 miles)
- Pilot Project Brewing is a brewery incubator, tasting room & cafe located in the Brewery District of Milwaukee.
Meat on the Street
- 1125 N 9th Street (0.2 miles)
- Milwaukee's best Filipino food with meat, vegan, and gluten-free menu options.
Mecca Sports Bar & Grill
- 1134 N Vel R. Phillips (0.6 miles)
- Spacious, modern sports bar offering cocktails, draft brews & hearty American eats amid lots of TVs.
The Harp Irish Pub
- 113 E Juneau Ave (0.7 miles)
- Longtime Irish pub with a menu of burgers & beer plus a deck overlooking the Milwaukee River.
Drink Wisconsinbly Pub
- 320 W Highland Avenue (0.8 miles)
- As the unofficial official lifestyle brand of WI, celebrate our state's culture like no other.
- 842 N Old World 3rd (0.8 miles)
- Old-world setting for thin-crust pies, made-from-scratch pasta, panini & an extensive wine list.
3rd St. Market Hall
- 275 W Wisconsin Avenue (1.1 miles)
- 3rd St. Market Hall is a hospitality-driven food hall housing diverse local cuisine, exceptional drinks, and engaging games.
Five O'Clock Steakhouse
- 2416 W State Street (1.2 miles)
- Old-school supper club serving upscale steakhouse fare in a wood-accented venue since 1946.
Sobelman's Pub & Grill
- 1900 W St. Paul Avenue (1.4 miles)
- Milwaukee's best burgers & bloodies as voted by Milwaukeeans!
- 718 N Milwaukee Street (1.4 miles)
- Upscale steakhouse serving classic fare & an extensive wine list in a dark, contemporary setting.
Milwaukee Public Market
- 400 N Water Street (1.5 miles)
- Bursting with high-quality selections of artisan & ethnic products and freshly-made prepared foods.
Ward's House of Prime
- 540 E Mason Street (1.5 miles)
- Upscale chophouse serving steaks & seafood plus a late-night casual bar menu in dark-wood environs.
- 925 E Wells Street (1.6 miles)
- Sleek, upscale New American spot with a huge wine list & a conservatory with Lake Michigan views.
Central Standard Crafthouse
- 320 E. Clybourn Street (1.6 miles)
- “From scratch” kitchen creations along with Central Standard spirits or cocktails.
- 550 N Harbor Drive (2.1 miles)
- Upscale spot with Lake Michigan & skyline views serving steak, seafood dishes & a lengthy wine list.
- 125 E National Avenue (2.2 miles)
- Colorful spot with an outdoor bar & a menu of globally inspired small plates, local beers & wine.
Zaffiro's Pizza & Bar
- 1724 N Farwell Avenue (2.3 miles)
- Casual, family-owned spot serving thin-crust pizza, pasta & other Italian fare since 1954.
- 1101 S 2nd Street (2.3 miles)
- Braise is a farm to table restaurant that also features a cooking school, green roof and private event space.
Breweries & Distilleries
Milwaukee’s unique combination of beer history makes it a beer like no other. Brewing began in Wisconsin before it even became a territory…throughout the city, you’ll see (and taste) how beer is part of Milwaukee’s past, present, and future!
Pilot Project Brewing
- 1128 N 9th Street (0.1 miles)
- Pilot Project Brewing is a brewery incubator, tasting room & cafe located in the Brewery District.
Central Waters Brewing Co.
- 1037 W Juneau Avenue (0.1 miles)
- Features all the classic beers brewed in Amherst Wisconsin, plus a variety of fun and experimental beers brewed on site.
Milwaukee Brewing Co.
- 1128 N. 9th Street (0.1 miles)
- Award-winning, founded on principles of crafting and creating beers using the best local ingredients.
Good City Brewing | DT
- 333 W Juneau Avenue (0.6 miles)
- Taproom, open kitchen with a stone hearth oven, plus a large private event space on the 2nd floor.
Dead Bird Brewing Co.
- 1726 N 5th Street (1.1 miles)
- Brewing outstanding specialty beer featuring high abv and a spotlight on unique ingredients.
Third Space Brewing
- 1505 W St. Paul Avenue (1.1 miles)
- Enjoy hand-crafted beers, tours & events in your new "third space."
Lakefront Brewery, Inc.
- 1872 N Commerce Street (1.6 miles)
- Voted Milwaukee's best brewery tour. Beer, food, store, quirky relics, all here.
Eagle Park Brewing
- 823 E Hamilton Street (1.7 miles)
- Eagle Park was founded by two brothers who live to write music and drink beer.
- 505 S 5th Street (1.7 miles)
- The spacious taproom boasts views of their brewhouse and wild & sour room, as well as foosball, shuffleboard, outdoor seating, and more.
Great Lakes Distillery
- 616 W Virginia Street (1.7 miles)
- Offering guided tours, samples of the spirits, a tasting room serving cocktails, limited food service, and event space.
Wizard Works Brewing
- 231 E Buffalo Street (1.7 miles)
- Laid-back brewhouse specializing in magic-inspired craft beer served in a brick-lined space.
Indeed Brewing Company
- 530 S 2nd Street (1.9 miles away)
- Pilot brewery and taproom, where you’ll find the Indeed beers you know and love, plus lots of new styles you can only find here.
Broken Bat Brewing Company
- 135 E. Pittsburgh Avenue (2.0 miles)
- "Beer and baseball are proof that God wants us to be happy". Located in Walker's Point.
City Lights Brewing Company
- 2200 W Mt. Vernon (2.1 miles)
- Iconic buildings-Idyllic setting-Incredible beers make thirst worthwhile.
- 701 W Glendale Avenue (4.6 miles)
- Milwaukee's original microbrewery. Award-winning beers, sodas & Hard Root Beer.
Art & Museums
Art is everywhere in Milwaukee, so there’s plenty to explore. Plan a day wandering the collections of traditional art museums, visit local galleries, or enjoy a variety of public pieces and exhibitions.
- 1037 W McKinley (0.1 miles away)
- John Ridley's collaborative work space and social community in downtown Milwaukee that offers an environment for artists and art lovers to come together.
Milwaukee Public Museum
- 800 W Wells Street (0.6 miles away)
- MPM inspires curiosity, excites minds, & increases desire to preserve our world's natural and cultural diversity.
Marcus Performing Arts
- 929 N Water Street (0.9 miles away)
- The Marcus Center is the region’s world-class gathering place for all, showcasing the transformative power of performing arts.
- 1000 N Broadway (1.1 miles away)
- The world’s most comprehensive art collection dedicated to all forms of human work from Medieval times to the present (on MSOE campus).
- 400 W Canal Street (1.4 miles away)
- It’s the best of American design and culture – seasoned with freedom and rebellion, showcased in a landmark building.
- E Wisconsin Avenue (1.5 miles away)
- An annual outdoor exhibition of world-class sculpture, free and open to all 24/7, because art inspires individuals and makes our city even better.
- 500 N Harbor Drive (2.0 miles away)
- Discovery World Science and Technology Museum is one of Milwaukee's best things to do for children and families.
Milwaukee Art Museum
- 700 N Art Museum Drive (2.1 miles away)
- The Milwaukee Art Museum contains nearly 25,000 works of art, making it one of the largest museums in the world.
Charles Allis Art Museum
- 1801 N Prospect Avenue (2.2 miles away)
- A lavish Tudor-style home that now displays a permanent art collection that spans more than 2,000 years.
Milwaukee’s Black Cat Alley
- E Ivanhoe Place (2.9 miles away)
- An arts destination in a one-block alleyway, known for its street art mural installations. Located behind the historic Oriental Theatre.
Relax and explore Milwaukee's playful side during sports, game nights, concerts, and other night off-worthy activities.
Miller High Life Theatre
- 500 West Kilbourn Avenue (0.6 miles)
- 4,087-seat venue with two sloped tiers of seats providing excellent sightlines and comfort, back-of-house amenities to match.
Turner Hall Ballroom
- 1040 N Vel R Phillips Avenue (0.7 miles)
- Located within Turner Hall, a National Historic Landmark, Turner Hall Ballroom is the perfect backdrop to an eclectic mix of shows that welcomes all ideas, ages, and cultures.
UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena
- 400 W. Kilbourn Avenue (0.7 miles)
- Indoor arena hosting concerts, indoor soccer, roller derby, and other events.
- 1111 Vel R. Phillips Avenue (0.7 miles)
- Fiserv Forum is a multi-purpose arena, home of the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association and the Marquette Golden Eagles men's basketball team of Marquette University.
The Pabst Theater
- 144 E Wells Street (1.0 miles)
- The Pabst Theater is the centerpiece of Milwaukee’s downtown theater district; able to accommodate virtually all performing art forms with the stunningly beautiful backdrop of a European opera house.
The Riverside Theater
- 116 W Wisconsin Avenue (1.1 miles)
- Named for its location along the Milwaukee River, The Riverside Theater is one of the most opulent of Milwaukee’s theaters, welcoming high caliber artists ranging from Kevin Hart and Neil Young to Norah Jones and Aretha Franklin.
The Rave/Eagles Club
- 2401 W Wisconsin Avenue (1.5 miles)
- Music venue hosting national & local acts in a historic 1920s building with 6 performance spaces.
Henry Maier Festival Park
- 200 N Harbor Drive (2.2 miles)
- Site of the annual Summerfest musical festival and the home of the American Family Insurance Amphitheater.
American Family Field
- One Brewers Way (3.0 miles)
- "Home of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club"
Stock up on the essentials or indulge in retail therapy at premier shopping destinations.
Big White Yeti Candle Co.
- Small Batch Soy Candles Handcrafted in Milwaukee.
- 275 W Wisconsin Avenue (1.1 miles)
Urban Milwaukee: The Store
- 755 N. Milwaukee Street (1.3 miles)
- Quirky gift shop selling Milwaukee-themed collectables, books, apparel & other local souvenirs.
Third Ward District
- 219 N. Milwaukee Street (1.7 miles)
Brady Street District
- 1224 E. Brady Street (1.8 miles)
Bayshore Town Center
- 5800 N. Bayshore Drive (5.4 miles)
- 2500 N. Mayfair Road (6.7 miles)
Milwaukee County Zoo
- 10001 W. Bluemound Road
Adventure Rock Climbing
- 2220 N. Commerce Street
Milwaukee River Kayaking
- 318 S. Water Street
Milwaukee River Cruise Line
- 205 W. Highland Ave., Suite 204
Riverwalk Boat Tours
- 950 N. Old World 3rd St.